Having this book in your pocket is just like having a marque expert by your side. Benefit from the authors years of real ownership experience, learn how to spot a bad car quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a true professional. Get the right car at the right price!
20 years ago, the Mazda MX-5 Roadster was born – the result of five years' research and development by two project teams split across Japan and the USA. When launched, it was the sports car the world was waiting for. Over the past 20 years, the MX-5 has evolved and changed, but has managed to stay true to the original philosophy of ‘horse and rider as one,' a car to truly engage with the driver and provide the ultimate top-down driving experience with its perfect 50/50 weight distribution and neutral handling – it is easy to control, nimble and light, and inexpensive to buy, own and maintain. The MX-5 is a true testament to itself as the ‘world's best-selling sports car,' and with the earlier MkI and MkII available for modest prices, it is the perfect choice as a fun and enjoyable daily driver, a weekend track car, or a project base for a kit car. This book will help you get the MX-5 of your dreams.
- Coverage of the MX-5 (Miata/Eunos Roadster) 1989 – 2001 models including special, limited editions and desirable upgrades
- Where and how to buy an MX-5
- Advice on choosing the right model and condition, including those with modifications
- Key checks – how to spot a bad car quickly
- In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Key technical specifications
- Photo illustrations of the important areas to check and foibles to be aware of
- Details of clubs, forums, suppliers and specialists dedicated to the MX-5
- Exclusive videos shot for the app feature the author showing all the things you need to look out for when buying an MX-5/Miata.
About the authors
Carla Crook’s passion for ‘the world’s best selling sportscar’ began seven years ago with a British racing green Eunos Roadster; a car that also won over her husband Tony, a naval engineer and mechanic. Carla is an active member of the MX5 Owners’ Club and the MX5 Nutz forum. When she’s not helping her husband fettle a project car, or out driving her Roadster, Carla is a busy working mum to three-year-old Harriet – a petrolhead in the making!
Marque expert Carla Crook demonstrates the MX-5 Miata App.
App detailsV number: AV4231. Base price: £2.49 / $3.99. Available from the App Store, for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. For support regarding Veloce apps, click here